By Chen Wenying, Duan Maosheng, Gu Alun, Liu Bin, Lu Chuanyi, Su Mingshan, Tong Qing, Wang Gehua, Wang Yanjia, Wei Zhihong
This detailed booklet bargains a well timed and insightful investigate China's current power state of affairs and the rising demanding situations of balancing strength provide and insist over the impending many years. It offers a holistic research of the becoming pressures at the power approach as a result country's dynamic socio-economic development. the quantity considers present scorching subject matters and should be important as a reference for these intending to comprehend extra approximately what's taking place in China's strength region this present day.
Read or Download China's Energy Outlook 2004 PDF
Similar oil & energy books
While different countries are compelled to reconsider their agricultural and nutrition safety suggestions in mild of the post-peak oil debate, they simply have one dwelling instance to attract from: that of Cuba within the Nineteen Nineties. according to the 1st and, up until eventually now, basically systematic and empirical research to come back out of Cuba in this subject, this ebook examines how the kingdom effectively headed off its personal meals hindrance after the dissolution of the Soviet Bloc within the early Nineties.
This state-of-the-art file from a global activity workforce (TG44) of CIB, the overseas Council of establishing learn organisations, offers a hugely authoritative consultant to the applying of cutting edge applied sciences on reaction keep an eye on and seismic isolation of structures to perform around the globe. many nations and towns can be found in earthquake-prone components making potent seismic layout a tremendous factor in structural engineering.
Presents the interior tale of the increase and fall of IBM, providing a devastating research of company paperwork, loss of foresight, and decline. Reprint. 75,000 first printing. travel. LJ. NYT. ok.
A brand new examine different views on power safeguard rules of eu and Asian international locations. The booklet explains the explanations for the failure of european universal power rules and the deficiencies within the rules in the direction of crucial Asia. It examines chinese language strength international relations, and the opportunity of strength festival and cooperation in Northeast Asia.
- Performance contracting: expanding horizons
- Carbon Capture, Storage and Use: Technical, Economic, Environmental and Societal Perspectives
- Hydrocarbons in Contractional Belts
- Russo-Chinese Energy Relations: Politics in Command
Additional resources for China's Energy Outlook 2004
4 Strategic Reflection on Rural Energy Development 1. Accelerating the commercialization of rural energy to improve living quality standards The tendency toward rural energy commercialization is irreversible and there are two routes: One is to increase the production of conventional commercial energy and the supply of rural energy; the other is to accelerate the modernization and commercialization of renewable energy technology so that the total supply can be increased while the demand pressure of conventional commercial energy is being reduced.
1) The law couldn't be used as a direction for future electricity regulatory reform; (2) Many regulations in principle need to be revised and completed in order to enhance the law's feasibility in practice; (3) There is no long term strategic objective for the power industry, so the law is less useful to direct the power industry development over a long period of time. On the basis of the above analysis, suggestions regarding revision of the "Electricity Law" are listed below: (1) The "Electricity Law" should promote power industry development con20 1 Review of Energy Development sistent with social, economical, resource and environmental development; ensure plentiful, safe and reliable power supply for social and economical activities, and supply a normal service; (2) The "Electricity Law" should clarify the functions of government departments and the State Electricity Regulatory Commission (SERC), and direct the future electricity regulatory reform; (3) The "Electricity Law" should increase the certainty and feasibility of the articles, and remain flexible to some extent.
Since its implementation in 1998, the "Energy Conservation Law" has made great contributions in regulating the actions of energy conservation and promoting the whole of society to save energy, to increase energy efficiency and economic benefits, to protect the environment as well as ensure the economical and social sustainable development. Though the implementation of the "Energy Conservation Law" has made rapid progress in energy conservation possible, there is still a considerable amount of work to do.