By Corinne M. Silva PhD (auth.), Margaret A. Shupnik PhD (eds.)
Recent advances in genetic engineering and molecular biology have made it attainable to disrupt particular genes for you to be certain and higher comprehend their functionality and medical value. In Gene Engineering in Endocrinology, Margaret Shupnik and a workforce of major investigators assessment the latest breakthroughs, emphasizing how stories of ordinary mutations and gene knockouts have illuminated endocrine techniques. utilizing either animal and human version info, those authoritative researchers learn extensive the molecular foundation of improvement, progress, and reproductive techniques, the explicit mutations that designate definite genetic syndromes, the hormonal rules of gene expression (which impacts the therapy of infertility and steroid-dependent cancers), and present examine instructions. while attainable, molecular reviews are in comparison with certainly happening human and animal gene mutations to set up the variation among whole removal of, or an altered, gene function.
entire and updated, Gene Engineering in Endocrinology deals modern experimental and scientific endocrinologists, in addition to reproductive biologists, a richly informative survey of what has already been complete with the genetic engineering of hormone methods and hormone-related genetic syndromes-research that offers strong new experimental and healing possibilities as this box keeps it fast improvement.
Read Online or Download Gene Engineering in Endocrinology PDF
Similar technique books
In case you are or are within the info fusion box - you want to HAVE THIS booklet! !!
Hartmanis, J. ; Stearns, R. E. - Algebraic constitution concept of Sequential Machines Na Angliiskom Iazyke. writer: . yr: 1966. position: . Pages: Hardcover
- Woodworking Shopnotes 075 - Plank Top Workbench
- HVAC License Exam Study Guides
- Distributed Switchgear (IEE Power & Energy Series)
- Republic P-47 Thunderbolt: The Final Chapter. Latin American Air Forces Service
- Study on Ground Moving Target Indication and Imaging Technique of Airborne SAR
Extra resources for Gene Engineering in Endocrinology
121. 122. 37 18c and syntaxin-4 in 3T3-L1 adipocytes: putative role in insulin-dependent movement of GLUT4. J Biol Chem 1997; 272:6179–6186. Blakesley VA, Scrimgeour A, Esposito D, Le Roith D. Signaling via the insulin-like growth factor-I receptor: does it differ from insulin receptor signaling? Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 1996; 7:153–159. Zeng G, Quon MJ. Insulin-stimulated production of nitric oxide is inhibited by wortmannin: direct measurement in vascular endothelial cells. J Clin Invest 1996; 98:894–898.
Expression of catalytically inactive Syp phosphatase in 3T3 cells blocks stimulation of mitogen-activated protein kinase by insulin. J Biol Chem 1994; 269:21,239–21,243. Noguchi T, Matozaki T, Horita K, Fujioka Y, Kasuga M. Role of SH-PTP2, a protein-tyrosine phosphatase with Src homology 2 domains, in insulin-stimulated Ras activation. Mol Cell Biol 1994; 14:6674–6682. Olson AL, Pessin JE. Structure, function, and regulation of the mammalian facilitative glucose transporter gene family. Annu Rev Nutr 1996; 16:235–256.
84. 85. 86. 87. 88. 89. 90. 91. 92. 93. 94. 95. 96. 97. 98. 99. 100. Quon and Taylor polygenic model of NIDDM in mice heterozygous for IR and IRS-1 null alleles. Cell 1997; 88:561– 572. Haruta T, Morris AJ, Rose DW, Nelson JG, Mueckler M, Olefsky JM. Insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocation is mediated by a divergent intracellular signaling pathway. J Biol Chem 1995; 270:27,991–27,994. Hausdorff SF, Frangioni JV, Birnbaum MJ. Role of p21ras in insulin-stimulated glucose transport in 3T3-L1 adipocytes.