By Katrin Ostertag
(2) Do latest estimates of the no-regret capability face up to are-evaluation inside of this framework? due to this research the dimensions of earlier estimates for no-regret potentials will be converted - in phrases ofenergy discount rates or in monetary phrases. at the foundation of those findings, we'll procedure the overriding 3rd learn query: (3) How huge is the no-regret capability and what determines its dimension? the next bankruptcy will supply a fuller account of the controversy on no-regret potentials. it will be complemented by means of an in depth theory-based definition of no remorse potentials in bankruptcy 2. The thesis will concentration totally on the micro-level of research. yet we'll additionally tackle the consequences ofour findings for the research ofenergy saving measures and regulations at extra mixture degrees, significantly inside a feasibility examine for adapting a version which represents the extent of the nationwide financial system. the controversy on no-regret potentials 1 starting place, context, concerns The time period "no-regret potentials" was once coined through the debate on weather switch. It designates possibilities for the aid of greenhouse fuel (GHG) emissions ". . . which are worthy venture even if there are climate-related purposes for doing so. " (IPCC 1996, p. 271). within the IPCC's 3rd overview document (TAR), no remorse potentials are more and more equated with GHG emission relief potentials at detrimental (net) charges (lPCC 2001, p. 21).
Read Online or Download No-regret Potentials in Energy Conservation: An Analysis of Their Relevance, Size and Determinants PDF
Similar oil & energy books
Whilst different international locations are compelled to reconsider their agricultural and foodstuff protection innovations in gentle of the post-peak oil debate, they simply have one dwelling instance to attract from: that of Cuba within the Nineties. in line with the 1st and, up until now, purely systematic and empirical examine to come back out of Cuba in this subject, this ebook examines how the state effectively headed off its personal nutrition main issue after the dissolution of the Soviet Bloc within the early Nineteen Nineties.
This state-of-the-art file from a global job staff (TG44) of CIB, the foreign Council of establishing learn agencies, provides a hugely authoritative consultant to the appliance of leading edge applied sciences on reaction regulate and seismic isolation of structures to perform world wide. many nations and towns can be found in earthquake-prone components making powerful seismic layout a tremendous factor in structural engineering.
Presents the interior tale of the increase and fall of IBM, supplying a devastating learn of company paperwork, loss of foresight, and decline. Reprint. 75,000 first printing. travel. LJ. NYT. ok.
A brand new examine different views on power safeguard regulations of eu and Asian international locations. The publication explains the explanations for the failure of ecu universal strength guidelines and the deficiencies within the guidelines in the direction of imperative Asia. It examines chinese language power international relations, and the opportunity of power pageant and cooperation in Northeast Asia.
- Global Energy Transformation: Four Necessary Steps to Make Clean Energy the Next Success Story
- The European Commission’s Energy and Climate Policy: A Climate for Expertise?
- An Introduction to Petroleum Technology, Economics, and Politics
- Energy and the New Reality 2: Carbon-Free Energy Supply
- Energy Economics and Financial Markets
- South Africa : wind energy barriers
Extra info for No-regret Potentials in Energy Conservation: An Analysis of Their Relevance, Size and Determinants
17 The evaluation of costs and benefits will be discussed in more detail in Chapter 5. 2 The issues of the no-regret controversy 23 These criteria partly reflect the paradigm of rational profit maximisation, they also partly reflect actually observed investment behaviour. The value that the above indicators take is determined, among other things, by the initial payments for the technology or the organisational measure and the revenues generated by a reduction of energy use and hence of energy costs.
But these issues are increasingly being discussed under separate headings from the no-regret debate. In this thesis, the analysis of macro-economic aggregates is therefore excluded. Still, this level of analysis, often referred to as the top-down approach, is relevant for the analysis of no-regret potentials. Such models are able to represent economic effects, for example on the labour market or the demand for capital goods, as well as interdependencies and feedback mechanisms between sectors and with the energy system.
The reason is that the cost share of energy and energy price elasticities in most activities are small. The rebound effect will therefore not be central to our further analysis. For a review of the rebound debate, see e. g. Schipper 2000, 2000a, Haberl et al. 1998. 28 Part I Introduction from input-output models with varying detail of sectoral structures25 to macroeconomic models in the narrow sense. The models also differ with respect to their capacity to represent no-regret potentials. The optimisation approaches involve the problem of cost-minimising reference scenarios already discussed on the level of energy system analyses 26 .