By John J. Sbrega
Publish 12 months note: First released in 1989
With over 5,200 entries, this quantity is still probably the most huge annotated bibliographies at the united states s struggle opposed to Japan within the moment global struggle.
Including books, articles, and de-classified records as much as the top of 1987, the e-book is equipped into six different types:
• half 1 provides reference works, together with encyclopedias, pictorial bills, army histories, East Asian histories, hisotoriographies.
• half 2 covers diplomatic-political elements of the struggle opposed to Japan.
• half three comprises assets at the financial and felony points of the warfare opposed to Japan.
• half four offers assets at the army apsects of the struggle embracing land, air and sea forces.
• non secular elements of the conflict are coated partially five and half 6 offers with the social and cultural facets, together with significant sections at the remedy of jap minorities within the united states, Hawaii, Canada and Peru.
Read Online or Download The War Against Japan, 1941-1945: An Annotated Bibliography PDF
Best japan books
In eighteenth-century Japan, Tsunetomo Yamamoto created the Hagakure, a rfile that served because the foundation for samurai warrior habit. Its guiding rules significantly inspired the japanese ruling classification and formed the underlying personality of the japanese psyche, from businessmen to squaddies.
Bushido is the 1st English translation of the Hagakure. This paintings offers a strong message aimed toward the brain and spirit of the samurai warrior. It deals ideals which are tricky for the Western brain to embody, but attention-grabbing of their pursuit of absolute carrier. With Bushido, you'll be able to greater placed into standpoint Japan'’s historic course and achieve better perception into the Japan of at the present time.
Post yr notice: First released in 2003
This eye-opening booklet deals a hectic new examine Japan's post-war economic system and the main components that formed it. It supplies particular emphasis to the Eighties and Nineties whilst Japan's economic climate skilled monstrous swings in job.
According to the writer, the newest upheaval within the eastern financial system is the results of the rules of a significant financial institution much less fascinated with stimulating the economic climate that with its personal turf battles and its ideological time table to alter Japan's fiscal constitution.
The e-book combines new historic learn with an in-depth behind-the-scenes account of the bureaucratic pageant among Japan's most crucial associations: the Ministry of Finance and the financial institution of Japan. Drawing on new monetary information and first-hand eyewitness bills, it unearths little recognized financial coverage instruments on the middle of Japan's company cycle, identifies the main figures at the back of Japan's financial system, and discusses their schedule. The e-book additionally highlights the consequences for the remainder of the area, and increases very important questions on the focus of strength inside of imperative banks.
Apocalypse Undone recounts Preston Hubbard's four-and-a-half yr odyssey from a tender, idealistic CCC employee to a miles older, stricken guy choked with contempt for conflict and those that make it. He survived the Bataan demise March; imprisonment at Camp O'Donnell, the place the dying fee exceded four hundred an afternoon; a jungle paintings aspect on Tayabas Isthmus; the hunger vitamin of Manila's Bilibid legal; a 17 day voyage to Japan on a Hell send; and a jap POW camp bombed by means of American planes.
This quantity appears to be like on the historical past of Japan from a transnational viewpoint. It brings to the fore the interconnectedness of Japan's background with the broader Asian-Pacific quarter and the realm. This interconnectedness is tested within the quantity in the course of the topics of empire, migration, and social routine.
- Samurai War Stories: Teaching and Tales of Samurai Warfare
- Home Truths: Gender, Domestic Objects and Everyday Life
- Re-Politicising the Kyoto School as Philosophy (Routledge Leiden Series in Modern East Asian Politics and History)
- Les Japonais et la guerre
Additional resources for The War Against Japan, 1941-1945: An Annotated Bibliography
United States. Air Force. Air Force Academy Library. AIR POWER AND WARFARE. Colorado Springs, CO: USAFA, 1978. 101 pp. This general bibliographic guide is a particularly 20 GENERAL WORKS valuable reference on strategic bombing. 97. U n i t e d States. L i b r a r y of C o ngress. Legislative Reference S ervice. THE C O N D U C T OF TH E WAR: A P R I L 1 9 4 1 - M A Y 1943. : GPO, 1942-1943. 3 vols. This c o n t e m p o r a r y b i b l i o g r a p h y p r o v i d e s a n n o t a t i o n s for ov e r 4 , 2 0 0 b o o k s and a r ticles.
WARTIME ENGLISH: MATERIALS FOR A LINGUISTIC HISTORY OF WORLD WAR II. Westpoint, CT: Greenwood Press, 1974. This version is a reprint of the 1957 edition. The author feels that enough material exists from the war to fashion a separate (though limited) branch of linguistic histo ry. 3. 25. ENCYCLOPEDIA/ALMANACS/STATISTICS Angelucci, Enzo. THE RAND-MCNALLY ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MILITARY AIRCRAFT, 1914-1980. Chicago: Military Press, 1983. 546 pp. Here is a well-prepared, well-presented reference. The book includes many illustrations and over 250 photos in describing over 800 types of aircraft.
104. , comp. C H R O N O L O G Y OF W O R L D W A R II. AFB, AL: A i r W a r C o l l e g e , 1947. 106 pp. Maxwell H e r e is a u s e f u l r e f e r e n c e w h i c h f o c u s e s p r i m a r i l y on the air wa r in all theaters. 105. Carter, Kit C. and R o b e r t M u e l l e r , comps. T H E A R M Y AI R F O R C E S IN W O R L D W A R II: C O M B A T C H R O N O L O G Y , 1941-1945. , 1975. 992 pp. T h i s v a l u a b l e r e f e r e n c e w o r k c o m p l e m e n t s the sevenvo l u m e off i c i a l h i s t o r y of the AAF in the war.